* Syria's Bashar al-Assad warns of Middle East conflict Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said Israel's raid on the Gaza aid flotilla has increased the chances of war in the Middle East.
* No Reconciliation Between Fatah, Hamas Fatah and Hamas are apparently still far from a reconciliation deal.
* Next Hizbullah War May Be Over Israel’s Gas and Oil Fields Hizbullah has laid claim to a huge oil and gas field that Israel discovered off its northeastern Mediterranean Coast.
* For First Time: Merkava Tanks are For Sale After a 30 year total ban on exports of Israel's famous Merkava tank, the Ministry of Defense will offer its latest model – the Merkava Mark IV – for sale.
* Spain: the new crisis in Euroland European leaders meet in Brussels today amid growing fears that Spain, Europe's fifth-largest economy, is preparing to ask for a bailout.
* Gaza flotilla raid: Will it change Turkey's regional role? This spring, Turkey emerged as a more independent player – one embarking on an ambitious "neo-Ottoman" course.
* UN Official Warns of Extremism in Central Asia The United Nations envoy to Kyrgyzstan is warning that extremist groups in Central Asia can use social and economic problems to spread their influence throughout the region.
* MEPs call for EU role in ending Gaza blockade MEPs on Thursday (17 June) called for a stronger EU role in lifting the Gaza blockade.
* 'Killer space rock' hunt to begin A new telescope facility in Hawaii designed to search for asteroids and comets which could threaten Earth has been made operational.
* New Bill Gives Obama ‘Kill Switch’ To Shut Down The Internet Government would have “absolute power” to seize control of the world wide web under Lieberman legislation.