* World powers set to test Iran on nuclear issue Foreign ministers from the five permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany will meet with Iran's top diplomat.
* Islamic Syrian rebel groups breakaway from Western-backed opposition fighters A group of powerful rebel units have rejected the authority of the Western-backed Syrian opposition leadership abroad.
* Russia, China Hold Large-Scale War Games Pentagon intelligence agencies are closely watching Russian and Chinese war games now taking place in Europe and Asia involving tens of thousands of troops.
* Rouhani calls on Israel to sign Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty 'without delay' Iranian President Hassan Rouhani denounced the proliferation, use and stockpiling of nuclear weapons.
* Government dream of a cashless society already a reality It almost sounds like the opening to a bad joke.
* Hezbollah's role in the Syrian Civil War In the photograph the two robed men stand shoulder-to-shoulder, one tall and erect, the other more heavyset.
* Iranian press accuses CNN of 'fabricating' Rouhani Holocaust remarks Iranian news agency Fars on Wednesday accused CNN of "fabricating" comments made by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani about the Holocaust.
* Assad: Syria has more sophisticated weapons in its stockpile than chemical weapons "We now possess deterrent weapons that are more important and more sophisticated than chemical weapons."
* Somalia President: Al-Shabab Could Attack the United States The Somali-based terrorist organization al-Shabab, which claimed credit for the devastating attack in Nairobi this week, is an international organization that could attack anywhere.
* Kerry: Israel, Palestinians agree to intensify peace talks with increased US role Israel and the Palestinians have agreed to intensify their peace talks and to increase the US role.