* US: Hizbullah training Iraqi Shi'ite extremists in Iran Iraqi Shi'ite extremists are being trained by members of the Lebanese terror group Hizbullah in camps near Teheran.
* Burma's storm toll 'nears 4,000' The death toll from a devastating cyclone that hit western Burma on Saturday has now climbed to 3,939 people.
* Peres 'not in favor' of attacking Iran President Shimon Peres on Monday compared the Iranian nuclear threat to Hitler's Germany.
* Putin defends missiles at parade Russia's display of heavy weapons in this year's Victory Day parade in Moscow is "not sabre-rattling", President Vladimir Putin insists.
* Opposition: Coalition will fall soon Opposition members said on Sunday that in light of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's latest investigation and the split of coalition member Gil Pensioners Party, the government's days are numbered.
* Brussels to make suggestions on eurozone's future The European Commission is this week to present an overview of the eurozone as it approaches its tenth anniversary.
* Official: Israel to accept ceasefire within days Israel is expected to agree to an Egyptian-brokered cease-fire with Hamas within days.
* Jerusalem Diary: Monday 5 May On page 15 of the 17 January 1896 edition of the London Jewish Chronicle, the editorial is buried, modestly, beneath advertisements.
* Olmert Scandal Will "Shake The Country" Staffers in the Attorney General's office said Monday, according to Army Radio, that the findings in the latest Olmert scandal collected thus far will "shake the country".* 75% of population: War within next 5 years As Israel stands on the brink of its seventh decade of independence, security issues continue to worry the majority of its citizens.