* Obama in tribute to 9/11 victims US President Barack Obama has paid tribute to the victims of the 11 September 2001 attacks.
* Rockets hit Israel from Lebanon Two rockets have been fired into northern Israel from Lebanon.
* Schulte: Syria may have more nuke sites Syria may be operating more nuclear sites, apart from the reactor at Deir Azour which was bombed by Israel on September 6, 2007.
* Iran leader vows 'harsh response' Iran's supreme leader has vowed to confront those who threaten national security, amid continuing disputes over the presidential election.
* Global Jihad group likely behind Katyusha attack on North A small-scale Global Jihad terror group was likely behind the firing of at least two Katyusha rockets into northern Israel on Friday afternoon.
* Putin: We have no reason to doubt Iran Vladmir Putin on warned against the use of force or new sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program.
* Clinton stresses key China goals China and the US will open a dialogue on counter-terrorism issues this year.
* Gold Climbs to 18-Month High as Dollar Weakens; Silver Gains Gold surged to the highest price since March 2008, heading for a fourth-straight weekly gain.
* Venezuela's Chavez draws closer to Moscow Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez cemented a closer alliance with Russia on Thursday.
* EU puts Middle East policies on hold until US talks The EU is waiting until the US, Israel and the Palestinian authorities hold talks at the end of this month before moving ahead with two of its most sensitive Middle East policies.