* UN: Iran nuclear program may have 'military dimensions' A new report commissioned by the International Atomic Energy Agency says that Iran's nuclear energy program may contain "military dimensions."
* UAE seizes N. Korea arms on way to Iran The United Arab Emirates has seized a cargo ship bound for Iran with a cache of banned rocket-propelled grenades and other arms from North Korea.
* Minister: Iran entered nuclear marketplace The Iranian Economy Minister says Iran has entered the nuclear marketplace due to its latest achievements in mastering the technology.
* August is deadliest month for U.S. military in Afghanistan August has become the deadliest month for the U.S. military in Afghanistan since the U.S. invasion after the attacks of September 11, 2001.
* Karzai pulls ahead in Afghan polls Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan's president, has increased his lead over his closest rival in the race to be the next Afghan president.
* 'US may cancel Europe missile shield' The Obama administration has developed possible alternative plans for a missile defense shield in Poland and the Czech Republic.
* Attacks in Iraqi cities claim lives Two bomb attacks in northern Iraq have killed at least 15 people and wounded more than 30 others.
* Egypt: Israeli freeze must include east Jerusalem Egypt's foreign minister says east Jerusalem must be included in a freeze of Israeli settlement activity before Middle East peace talks can restart.
* U.S. Army chief: U.S. bungling Muslim outreach The U.S. military is bungling its efforts to win over Muslim friends and squandering good will by failing to live up to its promises.
* Space shuttle lifts off for ISS Nasa has launched the US shuttle Discovery for a mission to the International Space Station (ISS), with seven astronauts on board.