* Brotherhood's Mursi sworn in as Egyptian president Mohammed Mursi has been sworn in as Egypt's first civilian, democratically elected president at a historic ceremony in Cairo.
* Russia, West lock horns at Syria peace talks Russia and Western powers locked horns over a peace plan for Syria on Saturday.
* Morsi vows support for Palestinian people to regain their 'legitimate rights' Egypt's newly elected president sent an implicit message of reassurance to Israel in his first major address after taking office.
* Officer: 'We are Preparing for Possibility of War' "We are in preparations for the possibility of war and in the midst of deployment with the situation in Syria in mind," a top IDF officer said.
* UNSC publishes report on Iran arms trade with Syria A UN Security Council committee has published a report on Iranian sanctions violations.
* Dempsey: US-Israel drill to take place in fall The United States and Israel are expected to hold a joint military exercise sometime around October.
* Timbuktu shrines damaged by Mali Ansar Dine Islamists Islamist fighters in Mali have damaged the shrines of Muslim saints in the city of Timbuktu, witnesses say.
* Egypt Seizes Libyan Weapons Headed for Gaza Egyptian security forces on Friday seized a large stash of weapons, including rockets and automatic machine-guns.
* EU summit deal leaves many questions open The EU summit has failed to produce a big step towards a political and economic union, say analysts.
* Beit El Resident: Netanyahu, Obama – You Won't Move Us Alex Traiman was among those expelled from their homes in Beit El this week.