* Video of the Day: 65 Years of the Israeli Army This year marks not only the 65th anniversary of the State of Israel, but also of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), which was forged by bringing together the various Jewish militias operating in the area prior to 1948.
* Syrian war enters new phase, no end in sight Syrian army building forces around Aleppo, as rebels look to relieve pressure with counter attacks; Iraqi Shiite fighters seen entering Syria
* Turkish protesters hold fast despite Erdogan warning A core of Turkish protesters showed little sign of easing their occupation of a central Istanbul square on Monday after Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan warned his patience may run out over the worst anti-government unrest in years.
* Iran's apocalyptic policy makers Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan, the Iranian nuclear scientist who was killed in a bomb blast, was not only a man of science but also a man of faith.
* Op-Ed: Iran invades Turkey (with Obama's help) Erdogan thought he was immune to such an Iranian invasion. Erdogan was wrong.
* 'US close to OK on arming Syrian rebels' Opposition leaders' warning that rebellion could face devastating losses without greater support prompts the Obama administration to consider taking drastic action.
* Islamists said to execute 15-year-old Syrian boy for heresy Members of an al Qaeda-linked Islamist group in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo executed a 15-year-old boy in front of his parents on Sunday as punishment for what the group regarded as a heretical comment, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
* Turkish opposition leader criticizes Erdogan Anti-government protests continue, PM raises rhetoric whips followers into frenzy, vows to strike back; world watches.
* Can national parliaments make the EU more legitimate? The EU has long had a problem of legitimacy, but the euro crisis has made it worse.
* Liberman: Stop 'pointless' dialog with the European Union Yisrael Beytenu leader demands EU declare Hezbollah a terrorist group in letter to Ashton, says failure to do so would make EU irrelevant; EU: No final decision made yet about Hezbollah.