* New bin Laden video surfaces A new video purportedly featuring an introduction from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was released Tuesday -- the sixth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.
* Hamas: Kassam attack on IDF training base 'a victory from God' A Hamas spokesman praised Tuesday's rocket attack on an Israeli army base, calling it a "victory from God."
* Iraq welcomes US surge 'progress' The Iraqi government has welcomed a positive report on the progress of the US military surge in Iraq by the top US commander there.
* Abbas jets off to Jidda to get Saudis on board PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas is scheduled to fly to Saudi Arabia Tuesday and meet with the Saudi king.
* Syria warns flyovers will have tragic consequences Syria revved up Tuesday its rhetoric on Israel's reported violation of Syrian airspace.
* Yishai: Shas will quit gov't if Temple Mount is relinquished Industry, Trade and Labor Minister Eli Yishai said Tuesday morning that his ultra-Orthodox Shas party will leave the government if Israel relinquishes the Temple Mount.
* Hizbullah: IAF mission practice for Iran Hizbullah leaders on Monday joined those speculating about the mission, saying it was a practice IAF run to see whether Israel could penetrate into Iran.
* Chip implants linked to animal tumors When the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved implanting microchips in humans, the manufacturer said it would save lives.
* September 10 and history September 10 has been robbed of its importance as a day on its own accord, now deriving its significance from proximity to the date it precedes.* Merkel supports Sarkozy on future of EU debate German chancellor Angela Merkel has backed France's idea of setting up a "council of the wise" to debate the future of Europe.