* Iran Arms Syria With Radar Iran has sent Syria a sophisticated radar system that could threaten Israel's ability to launch a surprise attack against Iran's nuclear facilities.
* Abbas Says He Supports an International Force for Palestinian Territories Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says he has sent Israel a proposal for the deployment of international forces in the Palestinian territories as part of an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal.
* China's Xinhua launches global English TV channel China's state news agency Xinhua has launched a 24-hour global news channel in English.
* Russia to deliver armored vehicles to PA Russia will deliver 50 donated armored personnel carriers (APC's) to the Palestinian Authority.
* Iran: Sanctions won't stop us The latest round of Security Council sanctions against Iran will not prevent the country from proceeding with its nuclear program.
* Israel takes diplomats to border, urges against aid flotillas to Gaza An Israeli official escorted more than 80 diplomats on a tour of the Kerem Shalom crossing between Israel and Gaza.
* 'Sea monster' whale fossil unearthed Researchers have discovered the fossilised remains of an ancient whale with huge, fearsome teeth.
* Belgian presidency sets parliament in its sights Belgium formally takes over the EU's six-month rotating presidency from Spain today.
* William Hague: UK must extend influence or face decline William Hague has said the UK must have more "global reach and influence" or face decline in a fast-changing world.
* Turkey May Hire 500,000 Career Soldiers to Fight Kurds Turkey is making preparations to hire 500,000 career soldiers in order to ratchet up the war against Kurdish rebels.