* Netanyahu's final days: Last weekend at Balfour or last-minute surprise? The leak of the coalition deals was proof of sabotage attempts from within the coalition, knowledgeable sources said.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
* What Washington can expect from the new government in Israel Washington doesn’t know Naftali Bennett, the likely next prime minister of Israel.
* G7 attendees 2021: Which leaders will be at summit? Boris Johnson is welcoming leaders from around the world to the UK on Friday as he hosts the latest G7 summit.
* Biden warns Russia against 'harmful activities' at start of first official trip US President Joe Biden has launched his first official overseas trip with a warning to Russia that it faces "robust and meaningful" consequences if it engages in "harmful activities".
* China is the elephant in the room at the G-7 Joe Biden wants Europe to buy in on his “get tough on Beijing” strategy. It’s not going to be easy.
* Russia Building ‘Genetic Information Database’ of All Citizens The Moscow Times on Tuesday reported that Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin is organizing funds for President Vladimir Putin’s pet project of building a “national genetic information database.”
* Biden Embraces a Trump Policy in Backing Arab-Israeli Deals The Biden administration is laying the groundwork for a renewed push to encourage more Arab countries to sign accords with Israel, and working to strengthen existing deals.
* What Turkey wants from Biden's meeting with Erdoğan next week The meeting between President Biden and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan next week on the sidelines of a NATO summit may provide both countries with a fresh start if they reach a consensus on some of their most acute problems.
* Turkey's Erdogan Whips Up Antisemitism "Anywhere which was connected with these people or with these prophets who were all Muslims becomes a Muslim territory.... So any place like this [Israel] had to be freed.... had to be liberated.
* The Lessons of the Yom Kippur War, Pre-Emptive Strikes, and Iran The Yom Kippur War was a war Israel almost lost. The accepted story is that Israel was taken by surprise; that Egypt and Syria managed to launch simultaneous attacks against an unprepared IDF.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:10 AM