* Assad: Israel pushing Middle East to war Syrian President Bashar Assad on Wednesday said Israel was not serious about wanting peace, and accused the Jewish state of leading the Middle East towards war.
* Assad: Israel pushing Middle East to war Israel is pushing the Middle East toward a new war, Syrian President Bashar Assad said on Wednesday.
* FM: If Syria provokes Israel, Assad will be out of power Lieberman blasts Syrian president for claiming Israel leading Middle East towards war.
* U.S. report: Blond-haired, blue-eyed Americans may be joining Al Qaida The Senate has expressed concern over American converts to Islam who were joining the Al Qaida network in Yemen.
* China Renews Opposition to Iran Sanctions Adding to a growing catalogue of disputes between Washington and Beijing, a senior Chinese official said on Thursday that pressure for tighter sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program could block chances of a diplomatic settlement.
* Hamas wants talks with US, Europe: Haniya Hamas is ready for dialogue with the international community, including the United States and European Union.
* PM: Peace talks could resume in weeks Seven years after then-prime minister Ariel Sharon unveiled his Gaza disengagement plan at the Herzliya Conference.
* More Than 25% of Knesset Joins 'Land of Israel Forum' A new Land of Israel Forum has been formed in the Knesset, with representation from no fewer than seven parties.
* Free Speech on Trial: 15 Defense Witnesses Disallowed The free-speech trial of anti-Islamization Fitna movie-producer Geert Wilders has taken a break – after the court rejected 15 of Wilders' requested witnesses.
* Huckabee in Israel: Iran threatens US as well Governor Mike Huckabee is in Israel this week leading a delegation of 170 American Christians.