* And now for a world government I have never believed that there is a secret United Nations plot to take over the US. I have never seen black helicopters hovering in the sky above Montana.
* Cleric: Muslim anger will burn Israelis Should Israel continue to impose an economic and physical blockade on the Gaza Strip, the consequences would be dire.
* Hawks dominate Likud party vote Israel's right-of-centre Likud party has elected a list of candidates dominated by hardliners for next February's general election.
* Ex-officials: Obama can settle Iranian nuclear standoff A panel of former top international officials voiced hope Tuesday for a progress in settling the Iranian nuclear standoff after US President-elect Barack Obama takes office.
* EU pushes for cuts in global nuclear arsenal The 27-nation European Union - including two nuclear powers, France and the UK - is set to become a leading force behind global nuclear disarmament efforts.
* Iran rocket arsenal tripled in 2008 In a sign that Iran is taking military measures to ward off the threat of an attack on its nuclear facilities, the country has tripled the number of long-range rockets in its arsenal.
* Mumbai attackers used sophisticated technology The terrorists who struck this city in November stunned the authorities not only with their use of sophisticated weaponry but also with their comfort with modern technology.
* Israel, EU Upgrading Contacts In Brussels on Monday 27 European foreign ministers unanimously agreed to intensify European Union relations with Israel.
* Is Peshawar Becoming the Most Dangerous City in the World? Months ago it was rumored that fighters affiliated with the Pakistan Taliban Movement (TTP) might take control of Peshawar, the capital of Pakistan's North West Frontier Province.* EU launches Kosovo police mission The European Union has launched its mission to strengthen the rule of law in Kosovo, after months of delay.