* Arab League: Don't Touch Muslim Temple Mount The Arab League has released a statement warning Israel to stay away from the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
* U.S. plans major exercises for Gulf, Mediterranean Sea in September The United States has recruited more than 20 countries for two major naval exercises around the Middle East.
* Russian, Western navies to face off near Syria A Russian naval flotilla, which entered the Mediterranean earlier this week, may be there for a long haul.
* US defense secretary to visit Israel for talks on Iran, Syria Defense Secretary Leon Panetta will head to the Middle East next week and is expected to speak with Israeli and Jordanian officials.
* Hizbullah Places Itself at Assad's Disposal The Hizbullah terror group has affirmed its allegiance to Syria and has offered to place itself at President Bashar Assad's disposal.
* China Dares US To Respond With More Than Bromides To Measures It may not be an exaggeration to say that the most important Chinese city after Beijing is the new city of Sansha.
* Israel ups security on Syria border Israel bolstered security along its border with Syria on Thursday as fighting between Syrian rebels and President Bashar Assad's regime intensified.
* Turkey sets up secret base to bring aid to Syria rebels, sources say Turkey has set up a secret base with allies Saudi Arabia and Qatar to direct vital military and communications aid to Syria's rebels.
* Syria conflict: Assad's fall 'matter of time' - ex-UN observer The former head of the UN observer mission in Syria says it is "only a matter of time" until President Bashar al-Assad's government falls.
* Security and Defense: Preparing for war by surprise On Saturday December 27, 2008, Col. Ofer Levy, then deputy commander of the Givati Brigade, was out for lunch when he received a phone call informing him that Operation Cast Lead in the Gaza Strip had begun.