* Israel strikes Islamic Jihad sites in Gaza and Syria after rocket attacks The Israeli military has carried out air strikes against the militant group Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) in Gaza and Syria in response to rocket fire.
* Netanyahu: 'If rockets do not stop we will launch major campaign' PM holds security consultation, warns war with Gaza possible if rockets do not stop.
* Israel: Red alert sirens wail in Gaza border communities after IDF strikes PIJ targets Gaza terror groups launch heavy rocket barrage at Israel's south, house said to be hit by rocket debris.
* For first time, polls show Netanyahu leading Gantz but deadlock remains Netanyahu is expected to start his trial on corruption charges in a Jerusalem just days after vote.
* Netanyahu vows harsh response unless Gaza groups cease hostilities Netanyahu warns Gaza groups that a large-scale operation could follow as rockets intercepted over south Israel.
* Report: Hamas Warns of Rockets on Tel Aviv if Israel Kills Senior Leaders The Gaza-based Hamas terror group has warned Israel it would respond to any assassination attempts against its leaders by sending barrages of rockets towards Tel Aviv, Hebrew media reported Thursday.
* Iran elections: what next for the Middle East? Conservative religious hardliners have won a landslide victory in Iran's controversial parliamentary elections, taking every seat in Tehran amid a record low voter turnout.
* The Fortunate Arabs in the Middle East Meanwhile, there are other Arabs in the region who are more fortunate than the Palestinians of the West Bank and Gaza Strip: the Arab citizens of Israel.
* Caroline Glick: The massive, but reversible, defeats of Iran and Turkey Israel's two most formidable adversaries-Iran and Turkey-both came up short in their quests for regional domination, and Israel is reaping the rewards of their losses.
* No end in sight for Gaza fighting as both sides vow further attacks Terrorists launch dozens of projectiles at Israeli cities and villages around the enclave as IDF bombs Islamic Jihad sites; Israel closes border crossing, restricts fishing zone.