* 'Russia, Iran to hold naval maneuver' According to the report, the maneuver will include 30 Russian and Iranian ships, as well as helicopters.
* Must we lose the two Temples again? There is a persistent narrative by the Islamists to deny any past Jewish presence on what they call Haram al-Sharif.
* Temple Institute to Build Sacrificial Altar on Tisha B'av The Temple Institute will begin building the sacrificial altar on Thursday, Tisha B’av.
* Global warming is the new religion of First World urban elites Ian Plimer has outraged the ayatollahs of purist environmentalism, the Torquemadas of the doctrine of global warming.
* J'lem expects Arab gestures soon US Middle East envoy George Mitchell left his Israeli interlocutors with the impression Tuesday that he would be able to extract some normalization gestures towards Israel.
* Battles with militants kill hundreds in Nigeria, group says More than 400 people have been killed in a spate of violence in northern Nigeria.
* Saudis scramble to stop Hajj swine flu crisis Saudi Arabia has launched an investigation into its first fatality from the H1N1 Virus as it tries to head off a swine flu epidemic before millions descend for the annual Hajj pilgrimage.
* U.S., China agree on economic strategies Two days of high-level talks between the United States and China concluded with broad agreement on separate strategies to help their economies.
* Gates Pressures Kurdish Leaders to Cooperate in Iraq Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates pressed Kurdish regional leaders on Wednesday to resolve their disputes with the Iraqi government in the next few months.
* Saudi rejects Israel recognition without withdrawal Regional powerhouse Saudi Arabia on Wednesday rebuffed US calls for diplomatic overtures toward Israel.