* Russia-Iran special forces conduct first ever joint exercise in E. Syria Russian, Iranian and Syrian government forces launched their first joint exercise in Syria's Deir ez-Zour region - or, for that matter, their first combined drill anywhere else in the Mid-East.
* Could Israel's Missile Defenses Withstand a Swarm or Missile Attack from Iran? In the aftermath of Iran's alleged drone strikes against Saudi Arabia and military support for Houthi insurgents in Yemen, Prominent figures in Israel's security establishment are growing increasingly convinced that a direct military confrontation with Tehran is not only likely, but inevitable.
* Putin, Rouhani meet in Armenia to discuss regional issues Iran's president called on the international community to stand against America's 'hostile approach'.
* Pompeo, Pope Francis urge religious freedom in Mideast, elsewhere Pope Francis and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo agreed on Thursday on the need to protect the rights of Christian minorities in the Middle East during a meeting at the Vatican, the U.S. State Department said.
* Netanyahu, Liberman fail to reach 'breakthrough' after coalition talks Liberman pressed the PM to form a government with Blue & White party leader Benny Gantz.
* 'No precedent in human experience': Study finds nuclear war between India and Pakistan could leave 125 million dead A nuclear war between India and Pakistan could kill up to 125 million people in just a few days - surpassing the death count of the entire Second World War - and kick off a worldwide environmental meltdown, a new study found.
* France: President Macron Must Stop Appeasing Iran's Mullahs Has French President Emmanuel Macron forgotten that he is helping and appeasing a state leading in human rights violations?
* Boris Johnson: Brexit plan 'genuine attempt to bridge chasm' Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said he has made a "genuine attempt to bridge the chasm" in order to get a fresh Brexit deal with the EU.
* Yom Kippur: Can the Nations Also Repent? With Yom Kippur (Day of atonement) around the corner, Jews worldwide are preparing to fast in an effort to be angel-like as they repent and have their final judgment decided for all the sins committed in the year 5779.
* Rivlin: Israel is in crisis, needs government now 22nd Knesset sworn in amid political uncertainty.