* Netanyahu aide says no to resumption of peace talks Israel's National Security Advisor, Uzi Arad, rejected in recent days a Palestinian request to renew talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
* Netanyahu: Hamas, Hizbullah and Syria Are Directly Helping Iran In a speech to the Knesset Wednesday, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu hinted at covert intelligence Israel has.
* Clinton stirs Israeli fears US will accept nuclear Iran Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday stirred Israeli fears that Washington would accept a nuclear armed Iran.
* US 'will repel nuclear hopefuls' Iran and North Korea will face severe consequences if they do not abandon their nuclear ambition.
* Turkey ready to resume Israel-Syria mediator role Turkey is ready to agree to resuming its role as mediator in indirect talks between Israel and Syria.
* Solar eclipse wows Asia People across Asia have been watching the longest total solar eclipse this century.
* Pakistan Objects to U.S. Expansion in Afghan War Pakistan is objecting to expanded American combat operations in neighboring Afghanistan, creating new fissures in the alliance with Washington at a critical juncture when thousands of new American forces are arriving in the region.
* Iraqi PM in US for Meetings with Obama, Ban Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki meets with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House Wednesday.
* Israel cuts 1948 'catastrophe' from Arabic texts The Israeli government will remove references to what Palestinians call the "catastrophe" of Israel's creation from textbooks for Arab schoolchildren.
* Brussels takes Bulgaria and Romania to task again Brussels on Wednesday issued Bulgaria and Romania with urgent 'to-do' lists.