* Abbas calls for end to Jewish Temple Mount visitation rights to cement ceasefire PA president told Arab ministers he was ready to work with US, other Quartet members to revive peace process.
Saturday, May 29, 2021
* Temple Mount reopened to Jewish worshippers Religious site was closed to non-Muslim visitors since May 4 during Ramadan.
* Israel will act to counter Iranian nuclear threat without US - Netanyahu "With or without an agreement, we will do everything to prevent Iran from arming itself with a nuclear weapon, because that is our existence."
* What would the EU and UN have done if Hamas had won the PA elections? From May 10 through May 20, Hamas, the internationally designated terror organization that controls the Gaza Strip, fired over 4,300 missiles against Israel, targeting its civilian population.
* Hamas Leader: 10,000 suicide Bombers Inside Israel Ready to Protect Temple Mount Yahya Sinwar, the leader of Hamas in Gaza, threatened even more violence than was seen in the recent conflict should Israel continue to “violate al Aqsa (the site of the Jewish Temples in Jerusalem).”
* By pushing for regime change in Russia, the EU Parliament has revealed how irrelevant & unreliable it is for the future of Europe An explosive new report published by top EU foreign policymakers, which called for all-out efforts to change Russia's government, is the clearest indication yet that both the bloc and European political order are in dire straits.
* UN opens Israeli war crimes probe following Gaza war, calls for embargo Following Operation Guardian of the Walls against Gaza terrorist groups, for the first time ever the UNHRC has created a permanent fact-finding mission regarding a UN member state.
* Syria holds presidential election dismissed as farce by opposition A presidential election is taking place in government-held parts of Syria, with Bashar al-Assad seen as certain to win a fourth seven-year term.
* Support for Israel among young US evangelical Christians drops sharply — survey Since 2018, backing for Israel dropped from 75% to 33%; nearly half of evangelicals aged 18-29 say they favor establishment of Palestinian state, voted for Biden over Trump.
* Poll: Most Dems Stand with Hamas, Blame Israel, While 67% of Republicans Stand Strong with Israel A new poll performed by the Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters, revealed that 27.1% of Democrats blame Hamas, Palestinian Authority, and Iran for the current violence, while 38.5% blame Israel.