* Egypt Launches "Operation Eagle" in Sinai Egyptian troops and policemen battled with gunmen in the Sinai peninsula Monday.
* Analysis: Iran sees ally Syria surrounded by US, Arab 'wolves' Beset by civil unrest at home and lambasted by the West and his Arab neighbors for his violent crackdown on dissent, Syria's President Bashar al-Assad can count on one firm ally: Iran.
* Syria unrest: Assault on Latakia port intensifies Syrian forces are continuing their crackdown on protesters in the port city of Latakia for a third day, reportedly using tanks and gunboats.
* Visit by China's Chief of Staff Warms Up Ties with Israel China’s Chief of Staff, General Chen Bingde, flew into Israel Sunday for a rare visit that will include observing the IDF's Urban Warfare Training Center.
* IDF Drones Over Kurdistan? An unfonfirmed report by Iran's Press-TV claims the IDF recently stepped up its operations in Iraq's autonomous Kurdistan Region.
* Wave of Attacks in Iraq Leaves at Least 68 Dead Insurgents across Iraq launched their most significant and wide-ranging attacks in months on Monday, killing 68 people and wounding over 300.
* Hezbollah TV presents: Ramadan special The month of Ramadan can be likened to the Arab world's television sweepstakes.
* Google to buy Motorola Mobility for $12.5bn A joint statement said the boards of both companies had unanimously approved the deal, which should be completed by the end of this year, or early in 2012.
* Gadhafi forces try to block Libyan rebel advance Moammar Gadhafi's forces pushed rebels back from the center of the strategic city of Zawiya on Monday.
* PA: Ariel building shows Israel destroying peace process The Palestinian Authority on Monday condemned the Defense Ministry's authorization of 277 new homes in the West Bank settlement of Ariel.