* Israel Fends Off Terror From All Sides Over the weekend, the IDF fended off rioters from Gaza in the south and an attempt at armed infiltration from Syria in the North, while coping with tunnels from Hezbollah.
* Trump: We give Israel billions, it can defend itself in Syria President says he's told Netanyahu military aid makes up for lack of US troops, amid jitters in Israel that withdrawal will make battling Iranian entrenchment more difficult.
* Hanegbi: We Don't Need Russian Help in Syria, Our Soldiers Work Alone He refused to comment on the AP report that an Israeli official confirmed the state launched airstrikes in Syria overnight on Tuesday.
* Backing Knesset committee, IDF comptroller says army in best shape in years Report notes there are still a number of problems and that improvements must be made to ground forces, but rejects ombudsman's repeated claims that military is unprepared for war.
* Hamas at 31: As Committed as Ever to Israel's Destruction Hamas's 31st anniversary was marked with a string of terror attacks and an official statement by the organization's leader, Ismail Haniyeh, rejecting any recognition of the legitimacy of Jewish statehood.
* Orban: Europe and Islam don't mix With EU parliamentary elections fast approaching, Victor Orban is staking out that a Christian pitch could win over a European electorate.
* Here's 5 ways May's Brexit chaos could play out Theresa May heads into the New Year after the most difficult month of her premiership thanks to the continuing turmoil and uncertainty over Brexit.
* Turkey and EU: Can this Marriage be Saved? In Freedom House's democracy index, Turkey belongs to the group of "not free" countries, performing worse than "partly free" countries including Mali, Nicaragua and Kenya.
* Russia and Syria threaten to fire SA-5 missiles into central Israel if IAF air strikes continue A new Russian threat was received in Israel on Wednesday, Dec. 26: Any more air strikes and Syria's SA-5 air defense missiles will be fired deep into Israel - like the one that shook several towns on Tuesday night in the middle of an IAF attack on Iranian sites in Syria.
* Pew: Two-Thirds of Americans Believe Jesus Was Born to a Virgin A remarkable 66 percent of U.S. adults believe that Jesus was miraculously born to the Virgin Mary, the Pew Research Center announced Tuesday.