* Turkey says willing to continue Syria mediation "In the neighborhood we live in – Israel could not find a better friend than Turkey," Turkish Ambassador to Israel, Namik Tan, said on Thursday evening.
* Ashkenazi to focus on Iran in US visit Iran will be the focus of talks IDF Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi is to hold in Washington this weekend.
* Chairman of Joint Chiefs: Iran Can Develop Nukes Iran is at the point where it can develop nuclear weapons said Admiral Michael Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
* Islamic states: Criminalize defamation of Islam The Islamic states circulated a new resolution at the current session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.
* Shari'a making inroads in the West Pakistan recently gave in to the pressure of Islamist militants.
* Israel-Turkey ties critical to region, says Ankara The relationship between Israel and Turkey is of "regional and global importance," according to Turkish Ambassador to Israel Namik Tan.
* PA unity negotiations near collapse Hamas and Fatah negotiators said on Thursday they are having difficulty reaching an agreement over the makeup and political program of a Palestinian unity government.
* China 'can boost stimulus plan' China is ready to introduce new economic stimulus measures "at any time", Premier Wen Jiabao has said.
* Swiss action sparks talk of 'currency war' The Swiss National Bank moved to weaken the Swiss franc on Thursday.* Friedmann praises Ne'eman appointment Justice Minister Daniel Friedmann issued a statement Friday congratulating Prof. Yaacov Ne'eman on his appointment as the new government's justice minister.