* Iran airs animated strike on Israel Iranian state television aired a computer-animated video that showed an imagined Iranian missile strike on Israeli cities.
* Netanyahu urges Kerry not to sign deal with Iran Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged US Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday "not to rush to sign" a deal with Iran.
* Iran announces new air defense missile system amid nuclear talks Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan announced that the Islamic Republic has successfully developed a new air defense system.
* Amid negotiation tensions, Obama tells Netanyahu he's committed to nuclear weapons free Iran US President Barack Obama called Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu on Friday afternoon to discuss developing talks in Geneva over Iran's nuclear program.
* Palestinian investigators: Israel is 'the only suspect' in Arafat's death Palestinian investigators said Israel was the "only suspect" in the death of Yasser Arafat.
* Diplomats: Jordan likely to take UN Security Council seat rejected by Saudis Jordan appears set to take the traditional Arab seat on the UN Security Council.
* Israel surprised by US course of action on Iran, officials say Israel was surprised with the diplomatic course being taken by the US during nuclear negotiations in Geneva.
* Egypt to hold parliamentary vote in February or March Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy said on Friday Egypt would hold parliamentary elections between February and March.
* Sochi Olympic torch taken on historic spacewalk Two Russian cosmonauts are taking the torch for the Sochi Winter Olympics on its first historic spacewalk.
* Germans commemorate 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht Germans across the country on Saturday commemorated the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht - the night of broken glass.