* Hezbollah chief threatens Israel Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah has warned that the militant group is ready for "open war" with Israel, after the killing of one of its leaders in Syria.
* 'The issue of Jerusalem will not be postponed in talks' "The issue of Jerusalem will not be postponed until the end of negotiations."
* Serbian president Tadic vows to preserve Kosovo Boris Tadic was sworn in as president of Serbia on Friday, two days before Kosovo declares independence in Serbia's most traumatic moment.
* Earthquake felt along Israel's coast The earth shook in many areas in Israel at 12:37 p.m. Friday. The quake was felt mainly in coastline cities, including Haifa, Tel Aviv, Nahariya.
* France to push for intervention force created by EU big six French president Nicolas Sarkozy is spearheading an initiative to create an elite defence force made up of the six EU biggest states.
* 'Assassination ruined hopes of peace' Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem on Thursday said that Syria will "prove beyond any doubt" who is responsible for the assassination of the Hizbullah arch-terrorist.
* Iran's FM meets Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders in Syria Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki met in Damascus on Friday with the leaders of two radical Palestinian groups.
* HIV vaccine research hits impasse Scientists are no further forward in developing a vaccine against HIV after more than 20 years of research, a Nobel Prize-winning biologist has said.
* In a First, Ahmadinejad To Visit Iraq Next Month Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will travel to Iraq next month in the first such visit by a leader of the Islamic Republic.* Israel helps find new solar system A "twin" of our solar system has been discovered by an international team of scientists that includes astronomers from Tel Aviv University.