* What is Iran's mega-missile and what does it mean for nuclear deal? Tal Inbar: Recent launch was Iran signaling its missile program is off the table for Iran deal discussions.
Saturday, February 06, 2021
* Gantz: Israel will take military action against nuclear Iran if needed Defense minister tells Egyptian TV any future war would involve Hezbollah and Hamas targeting Israeli cities, and Israel in turn hitting missile stores in civilian areas.
* Does Israel feel compelled to launch a strike at Iran’s nuclear sites? And if so, when? Israel may have to go it alone against a nuclear-armed Iran, said senior minister Tzachi Hanegbi on Tuesday, Feb. 2, because, je said, he can’t see the US taking such a military initiative.
* Former Shin Bet chief calls for Israel to ‘initiate military operations against Iran’ Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee chairman Avi Dichter says the lack of a U.S. response to the 2019 attack on Saudi oil facilities showed Iran there would be no price to pay for ramping up aggression.
* US Senate approves amendment to keep embassy in Jerusalem The three opposing votes were Democratic Senators Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, and Tom Carper of Delaware.
* White House Can’t Explain Why Biden Hasn’t Called Netanyahu In First 2 Weeks White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed Tuesday that President Joe Biden had not yet spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the first two weeks of his administration — but could not explain why he had not done so.
* Mahmoud Abbas is threatening to kill anyone who might oppose him The Palestinian attempt to appease the Biden administration by holding Palestinian elections threatens to reveal the flabbiness and collapse of Fatah, which lies at the heart of the Palestinian Authority.
* Europeans created Zionism “to get rid of the Jewish problem in its lands” – op-ed in official PA daily One of the fundamental tenets of Palestinian Authority ideology is that the Zionist movement was not an authentic Jewish movement but rather a colonialist movement that took advantage of the Jews.
* Biden Allows LGBT Flags to be Raised Over US Embassies Worldwide The Biden administration proudly announced a commitment to public displays of “gay pride” when newly appointed Secretary of State Anthony Blinken lifted a ban on rainbow “gay rights” flags being displayed at US embassies.
* Elections: Polls Show Pro-3rd Temple Politicians Becoming Lawmakers Two separate right-wing parties in Israel, Otzma Yehudit (Jewish Power) and the National Union, were each expected to receive roughly two Knesset seats in Israel’s current election according to most polls.