* Iraq Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr urges Iraqis to unite Anti-US Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr has told an enthusiastic crowd of followers in Iraq to give the country's new government a chance.
* 'US failed to convince Israel to halt settlement building' Palestinian Authority UN observer says Palestinians are seeking UN resolution demanding Israel immediately stop all settlement activities.
* Help wanted: Real leader to end the death spiral of once-promising Pakistan Pakistan is a difficult country to run. Since its creation, the revolving door of civilian governance and active military rule has paralyzed the country's growth.
* Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans.
* Iran claims nuclear technology breakthrough Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi says his country is now capable of making the fuel plates and rods used inside nuclear reactors.
* Clinton set to depart for Gulf ahead of Iran talks US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is set to depart for the Gulf Saturday with discussions about Iran sanctions high on the agenda.
* Chile announces recognition of Palestinian statehood After a day of conflicting reports, Chile joined a growing number of Latin American nations on Friday night officially recognizing Palestinian statehood.
* Hungary to change media law if EU deems necessary The Hungarian government has said it is willing to change a controversial new media law.
* Gates Packs Familiar List of Issues for Beijing In late 2007, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates flew to Beijing bearing pledges of harmony and vows.
* EGYPT: Some Copts and Muslims come together during Orthodox Christmas Christian Orthodox Christmas has long been a nettlesome holiday for Egypt's Muslims.