* Clinton calls Iran nuke deal 'ploy' US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Tuesday rejected as inadequate an Iranian plan to swap some of its enriched uranium for reactor fuel and called the offer a "transparent ploy" to try to avoid new UN Security Council sanctions over its suspect nuclear program.
* Could US-Trained PA Military Turn Guns on Israel? During a military exercise with the IDF’s elite Kfir Brigade last week at the Tze'elim base in Israel’s south, GOC Central Command Maj.-Gen. Avi Mizrahi warned soldiers of potential challenges they may face in the near future.
* Egypt Portrays Israel as Enemy in Training Maneuvers The Egyptian military completed large scale training maneuvers in the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday.
* Secret Saudi Document Shows Kingdom Linked with Al-Qaeda Terror An Iraqi news agency has revealed more evidence linking Saudi Arabia with terror.
* Europe's markets suffer new falls on debt worries European stock markets closed sharply lower after a day of continued fears about eurozone debt problems and their potential impact on the global economic recovery.
* Pentagon 'to boost covert missions in Middle East' The Pentagon has ordered an expansion of covert missions by US special operation forces in the Middle East and Central Asia.
* Barroso says German calls for treaty change are 'naive' European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has said Germany's plans to try to change the treaty to enhance economic governance in the eurozone are "naive".
* N.Korea accuses South, threatens action North Korea accused South Korea's navy Tuesday of trespassing in its waters and threatened military action, further raising tensions sparked by the sinking of one of Seoul's warships in March.
* Samaria to Shelter Jews in Case of Chemical War, Drill Shows In case of a war involving the possible use of chemical warheads, communities in Samaria could serve as a refuge for citizens escaping Israel's coastal plain and other regions.
* Housing Minister Planning for End of Construction Freeze Housing Minister Ariel Attias took part in a joyous ceremony in the Southern Hevron Hills region on Monday evening, and stated confidently: "My ministry is not refraining from, and is even budgeting for, future housing plans everywhere".