* 'If Syria Crosses the Golan Heights Border, Assad will Fall' IAF chief and Major General Amir Eshel responded to news of major budget cuts in the IDF Friday.
* Stalled Bill to Combat Middle East Violence Sparks Intra-Party Fight Republican Sens. Mike Lee (R., Utah) and Tom Coburn (R., Okla.) have for months been the only two lawmakers standing in the way of the legislation.
* Putin on Gazprom-China gas deal: Russia has enough resources for 50 years Russia has more than the estimated 3 trillion cubic metres in natural gas reserves in its gasfields, enough to last for 50 years.
* US lawmakers vote to double funding for Iron Dome US lawmakers overwhelmingly backed a $601-billion defense authorization bill that would almost double funding for the Israeli Iron Dome anti-missile program.
* Israel's capital prepares for papal visit The visit of Pope Francis next week, like any top level visit, will cause inconvenience for Jerusalem residents.
* Ukraine: The other European election Pro-Russia separatists killed 16 Ukrainian soldiers.
* Russia's Vladimir Putin 'to respect' Ukraine vote Russia's President Vladimir Putin has said he will respect the outcome of Ukraine's presidential election.
* Islamic Jihad Preparing to Join PLO Ramadan Salah, leader of the Gaza-based terror organization Islamic Jihad, declared to the Arabic paper Al-Hayat on Tuesday that his group "is prepared to join the PLO".
* Vatican Says Pope Will Demand 'Sovereign Palestine' The Vatican's Secretary of State made a dramatic revelation ahead of Pope Francis's visit to Israel.
* Anti-Semitism taboo under threat in Hungary Budapest's Jewish community is vibrant, visible and patriotic.