* Peres Tours Air Force Base: 'Enemies Should Think Twice' "Israel's air force is the best in the world," President Shimon Peres told soldiers on a tour of the Palmahim air force base on Tuesday.
* Iran gives Russia copy of US ScanEagle drone as proof of mass production Iran has given Russia a copy of a US spy drone as proof that its elite forces have reverse-engineered and mass produced the American unmanned aerial vehicle.
* Saudi spy chief says Riyadh to 'shift away from US' over Syria, Iran Saudi Arabia's intelligence chief has said the kingdom will make a "major shift" in relations with the United States in protest at its perceived inaction over the Syria war.
* Fifth earthquake shakes northern Israel in one week A 3.3-magnitude earthquake rattled the Sea of Galilee region in northern Israel on Tuesday morning.
* Israeli Minister: Our Capital Cannot Be Divided Israel's cabinet has thrown its weight behind a bill requiring a large Knesset majority to approve a new division of Jerusalem, while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is opposed to the motion.
* Ashton calls for military-grade drones in EU airspace A security strategy paper by EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton says EU countries should use military-grade drones for border surveillance.
* EU leaders should change tone when talking to rest of the world Had the European Union instead of the United States fallen into partial government shutdown, the world would not have hesitated to use this as an opportunity to berate Europe.
* US National Security Agency 'spied on French diplomats' NSA internal memos obtained by Le Monde detailed the use of a sophisticated surveillance program, known as Genie.
* Exoplanet tally soars above 1,000 The number of observed exoplanets - worlds circling distant stars - has passed 1,000.
* Low turn-out in Israeli mayoral, council elections Israel recorded low voter turn-out Tuesday in local elections for mayors and city councils across 191 municipalities around the country.