* US embassy Jerusalem move 'assault' on Muslims, says mufti Abbas asks Putin to help stop Trump from making the move.
* Netanyahu derides Paris summit as rigged, 'last gasp of the past' Sunday's conference 'will render peace hopeless,' Netanyahu tells Norwegian foreign minister, vowing that Israel won't be obligated by its outcome.
* Mystery blasts in Damascus: Syria accuses Israel There were two unclaimed explosions in Damascus overnight Thursday and early Friday (Jan.12-13).
* Mosul battle: Iraqi forces clash with IS at university Iraqi forces have met heavy resistance after launching an attack to recapture Mosul University from so-called Islamic State (IS), military officials say.
* Top Trump Cabinet Picks Drop Campaign to Scrap Iran Deal Several critics of the agreement believe its worst elements are disproportionately loaded at the beginning of the deal, which has passed, and at the very end.
* Foreign Report: Spy Ting Exposed in Algeria Allegedly Working for Israel An alleged international spy network, comprised of at least 10 agents, operating for Israel was exposed and subsequently arrested in Algeria.
* Abbas to Meet Pope on Saturday Palestinian Authority leader is stopping in Rome on his way to the Paris summit.
* Cyprus talks: Erdogan dismisses full Turkish troop withdrawal Turkey's president says a full withdrawal of its forces from divided Cyprus is "out of the question" unless Greece also agrees to pull out troops.
* Poll: Israelis believe Trump pro-Israel, Obama pro-Arab Survey shows overwhelming majority of Israelis believe Trump is pro-Israel, while Obama is pro-Palestinian Authority.
* Netanyahu may have missed chance to quash UN vote by not calling UK's May During failed scramble to sink anti-settlement resolution, he called Boris Johnson, who helped draft the text, but not the British PM, who was reportedly 'blindsided' by her country's support.