* Iran vows to 'save' al-Aqsa mosque from 'Zionists' Rouhani praises religious leaders who helped people of Gaza during war, pledges to continue supporting Palestinians
* Israel worried by increasing Islamist presence on Syria border Retired intelligence officer says now that al-Qaeda-linked Jabhat al-Nusra is in the Golan, it's 'only a matter of time' before Islamists engaged in Syria fighting turn attention towards Israel.
* New EU appointees speak out against Russia Two of the EU's new top officials - Donald Tusk and Federica Mogherini - have spoken out against Russia's 'war' on Ukraine.
* CDC Director: Ebola Outbreak 'Is Spiraling Out Of Control' The director for the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention says that the Ebola outbreak is going to get worse.
* Russia 'to alter military strategy towards Nato' Russia is to alter its military strategy as a result of the Ukraine crisis and Nato's presence in eastern Europe, a top Russian official says.
* Afghan militants Hezb-e-Islami 'may join Islamic State' Fighters from a militant Islamic group in Afghanistan, allied to the Taliban, have told the BBC they are considering joining forces with Islamic State (IS).
* Somalia's al-Shabab: Ahmed Abdi Godane 'targeted by US' The US military has carried out air strikes in Somalia, reportedly targeting a convoy carrying the leader of militant group al-Shabab.
* Terrorists' Handbook In rhetoric and tactics, ISIS sounds a lot like an al-Qaeda manual.
* Hamas Leader Haniyeh Favored for Unity President Poll finds Haniyeh upsets Abbas among Arab residents of Judea, Samaria and Gaza 62%-32%, gaining boost from terror war on Israel.
* Qatar Fingered as Top Mideast Terror Financier Qatar figured as a major player in this summer's Gaza war, and just might be involved in other regional conflicts involving brutal jihadist terror groups, and not in a good way.