* Israel enters final campaign day Politicians in Israel are making their final appeals to voters before a general election on Tuesday.
* Olmert says no Israeli government would let Iran get nukes Israel will not allow arch-foe Iran to develop nuclear weapons, no matter what the political make-up of the Israeli government, said outgoing Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
* German leader calls pope about Holocaust denier The German chancellor called the pope Sunday, days after she demanded he clarify the Vatican's stance on the Holocaust after it lifted the excommunication of a bishop who denies six million Jews were killed.
* Islam group urges forest fire jihad AUSTRALIA has been singled out as a target for "forest jihad" by a group of Islamic extremists urging Muslims to deliberately light bushfires as a weapon of terror.
* Netanyahu Warns Obama on Talks as He Challenges Livni Even before Benjamin Netanyahu finds out whether he will be Israel’s next prime minister, he is sending a message to President Barack Obama that he won’t be pushed around.
* Iran's Khatami to run for office Iran's former president Mohammad Khatami has ended months of speculation by announcing that he will run in June's presidential election.
* Chinese military tackles drought crisis The Chinese government brought out the big guns over the weekend to help fight its worst drought in 50 years.
* Palestinian poll: Hamas support drops A Palestinian poll conducted after Operation Cast Lead has found that 56% of residents in the Gaza Strip and 48.3% of Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem believe Hamas is leading them in the wrong direction.
* Televisions 'to be fitted in contact lenses within ten years' Televisions could be fitted into contact lenses within ten years, according to analysts.
* Horrifying video of militants beheading Polish engineer is released by Pakistani Taliban A shocking new video that appears to show Pakistani militants beheading a kidnapped Polish engineer has emerged.