* CCP 100: Xi warns China will not be 'oppressed' in anniversary speech China's President Xi Jinping has warned that foreign powers will "get their heads bashed" if they attempt to bully or influence the country.
Thursday, July 01, 2021
* China Arrests over 1,000 Christians Prior to Communist Party Birthday China human rights magazine Bitter Winter reported on Wednesday that Chinese security forces conducted a massive crackdown against the Church of Almighty God (CAG) in the northern province of Shanxi over the past two weeks.
* Israel, US issue veiled warnings to Iran Biden told Rivlin I “directed last night’s air strikes, targeting sites used by Iranian-backed militia groups responsible for recent attacks on US personnel in Iraq.”
* Biden Administration: Rewarding the Murderous Regime of Iran? "I told judges not to write death sentences for girls. This is what I said. But they perverted my words and quoted me as saying: Don't execute girls. First marry them for one night and then execute them." — Grand Ayatollah Hussain-Ali Montazeri, theologian and human rights activist, in his diaries.
* Jordan's king meets with Abbas, reiterates support for two-state solution PA's Mahmoud Abbas met with Jordan's King Abdullah, where he expressed his support for the solution.
* Abbas Calls for Escalation of Violence Against Israel Fatah is calling for “expansion of the confrontation” with Israel.
* It's time Ilhan Omar and "the Squad" learned the truth about Israel and Hamas I'm a Palestinian Arab who grew up in a UNWRA refugee camp outside of Jerusalem, and been a human rights activist all my life. Let me say this as directly as I can: Rep. Omar does not know what she is talking about. Op-ed.
* The Prime Minister’s Kippah Naftali Bennett’s religious identity opens up tantalizing questions about the direction of religious Zionism and for Israeli Jewish society as a whole.
* The NATO-Ukraine Sea Breeze exercise could ultimately help create the circumstances for real conflict with Russia in the Black Sea NATO and Ukraine have carried out joint naval exercises for 24 years, but the current drill comes at a time when NATO expansion and Russian pushback looks like it might escalate.
* UK Methodists Agree to Same Sex Marriages in Churches The conference of the Methodist Church of Great Britain has overwhelmingly backed same-sex marriages taking place in their churches, claiming in the new standing order “that marriage can be between any two people”.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:47 AM