* Iran Tensions Loom Over Israelis on Jewish New Year Jews around the world are observing Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. In Israel, the mood is sober.
* Gulf states see Obama's hand in rise of Muslim Brotherhood Gulf Arab states have detected a U.S. role in the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood in the region.
* Al-Qaeda urges Muslims to purge their countries of Americans as revenge for anti-Islam film Al-Qaida's branch in North Africa on Tuesday called for attacks on U.S. diplomats.
* Nasrallah: We'll sacrifice our blood for Mohammed Hezbollah's leader left his bunker and made a rare public appearance at a rally in Beirut denouncing an anti-Islam film.
* Indyk: Without an agreement, Iran war in 2013 likely Without a negotiated solution over the Iranian nuclear program, 2013 will likely see a military confrontation with Iran.
* EU's Catherine Ashton to meet Iran nuclear negotiator EU foreign affairs representative Catherine Ashton is to hold talks with Iran's chief nuclear negotiator, Saeed Jalili.
* Chinese General: Prepare for Combat China's most powerful military leader, in an unusual public statement, last week ordered military forces to prepare for combat.
* Obama's Security Breach In Libya Is Ignored By American Media Throngs of foreign press and few American outlets tell the real story involved with the White House's role in the incidents that we now know could have been prevented.
* Iran deploys submarine in Gulf as Western nations hold large naval exercise nearby Tehran has deployed one of its Russian-made submarines in the Persian Gulf.
* Ministers call for stronger EU foreign policy chief A brainstorming group of 11 EU foreign ministers has called for a more powerful EU foreign policy chief and less power in general for EU countries.