* Why Iran’s ‘Nuclear Fatwa’ is Nuclear Nonsense In 1962, President John F. Kennedy observed that “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, but the myth—persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.”
Wednesday, March 03, 2021
* Pope says he must go to Iraq because people cannot be let down Pope Francis said on Wednesday he is going to Iraq, where his predecessor John Paul was not allowed to go in 2000, because “the people cannot be let down for a second time.”
* Intense preparations before pontiff meets Iraqi ayatollah Pope Francis will visit this weekend a preeminent Shiite Muslim cleric in Iraq to make history with a message of coexistence.
* The Big War: Israel Can't Assume it Can Crush Iran in a Conflict While Iran has a larger military, a bigger population and more military manpower, that wouldn’t help much in a conflict with Israel, which doesn’t share a border with Iran, which in turn means that big Iranian armies have nowhere to go.
* Israel Defense Minister: We’re Forming ‘Special Security Arrangement’ with Gulf Allies Israel and its new Gulf allies will launch a security taskforce which will include defense and military cooperation against Iran, Israel’s Defense Minister Benny Gantz told the Reuters news agency on Tuesday.
* Democrat Rep and Trump Impeachment Crusader: God's Will is No Concern for Congress [WATCH] Last Thursday, the House passed the controversial and horribly mistitled Equality Act, fulfilling a Biden campaign promise.
* As Biden weighs human rights and security in Mideast, some see peril for Israel Pragmatism is ruling the day for now, but US allies in the region are nervous the new president could over-pressure regimes on need for reform, creating a wedge for Iran to exploit.
* ICC prosecutor to probe war crimes in Palestinian Territories, angering Israel The International Criminal Court prosecutor said on Wednesday her office will formally investigate war crimes in the Palestinian Territories, a move welcomed by the Palestinian Authority and denounced by Israel.
* Erdogan tells Macron cooperation has ‘very serious potential’ In a video call, the Turkish president says dialogue has always played an important role in relations as NATO members work to normalise ties.
* PLO: Hamas is on board with a 2-state outcome and ‘peaceful’ resistance The Palestinian Liberation Organization says it has secured Hamas’ agreement to a two-state outcome and the terrorist group’s commitment to peaceful action.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 2:38 PM