* Bombed Syrian site seen in satellite images Satellite images of a Syrian research facility north of Damascus published on Wednesday appear to contain proof of an airstrike allegedly carried out by Israel against an arms convoy.
* Iran's Ahmadinejad seeks strategic axis with Egypt Ahmadinejad said outside forces were trying to prevent a rapprochement between the Middle East's two most populous nations.
* Islamic summit opens with calls for Syrian dialogue The summit of the 57-member Organisation of Islamic Cooperation opened on a day when the assassination of a leading Tunisian opposition politician highlighted the fragility of "Arab Spring" democratic revolutions.
* Abbas thanks Ahmadinejad for Iran's support Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met Wednesday with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the sidelines of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation summit.
* Ahmadinejad: Iran is already a nuclear power Iran already has nuclear capabilities but is not planning on attacking Israel because its capabilities are "defensive" oriented.
* PA hopes Obama visit will bring new US policy The Palestinian Authority Wednesday welcomed US President Barak Obama's plan to visit the region next month.
* 'EU reluctant to blacklist Hezbollah after probe' In his many years of service for France's spy agency, Claude Moniquet has seen much evidence linking Hezbollah to terrorist-related activities in Europe and beyond.
* Boy Scouts of America delay vote on ending gay ban The national board of the Boy Scouts of America has postponed a vote to end a ban on gay scouts and leaders, the youth group has said.
* Jewish Families Largest in Judea, Samaria The Central Bureau of Statistics published data about family life in Israel on Wednesday in honor of Family Day.
* EU mission, African troops to take over from France in Mali The French assault force is to start pulling out of Mali next month, as EU military advisors and African soldiers move in.