* 'Mideast atomic programs apocalyptic' Egyptian and Saudi Arabian intentions to begin or revive their nuclear programs in the face of Iran's continued race toward nuclear power present an "apocalyptic scenario" for Israel as well as for the rest of the world.
* Hizbullah: We're preparing for upcoming war Naim Kassem, Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah's deputy, described a training exercise the group conducted at the beginning of this week as preparation for the next war with Israel.
* 'Israel planning large Gaza operation' Israel has informed PA authorities in Ramallah of its intention to send the IDF into the Gaza Strip in order to regain control of the Philadelphi Corridor.
* Top Hamas official: We'll seize control of West Bank if Israel withdraws Hamas, which seized control of the Gaza Strip in June, would take over the West Bank if Israel pulled out of the territory.
* PA agrees to disband terrorist groups before statehood Israeli negotiators on Friday reported significant progress in talks with Palestinians Friday.
* Interfaith Leadership Council Acknowledges 'Occupation' U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has received a special blessing from religious leaders of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic faiths.
* 'Israel may strike Iran' – US Wednesday's statement by Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that Iran has 3,000 working uranium-enriching centrifuges could trigger an Israeli military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.
* Israel escalates campaign against IAEA Israel escalated its campaign Thursday against the winner of the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize Mohamed ElBaradei, head of the international nuclear watchdog, by describing him as a “danger to world peace”.
* Frattini seeks to apply new EU treaty rules before 2009 Although the EU's new Lisbon Treaty is meant to be ratified only by 2009, justice commissioner Franco Frattini has said he wants to act as if the treaty is already in force.* Russia 'slow' to act on anti-Semitism A leading US-based Jewish organization criticized Russian authorities Friday for a "slow" response to xenophobia and anti-Semitism.