* Iraq conflict: Civilians suffering 'staggering' violence - UN The UN says violence suffered by civilians in Iraq "remains staggering", with at least 18,800 killed between 1 January 2014 and 31 October 2015.
* Details of Moscow's Deal With Syria Reveal Extent of Russian Dominance Analysis: New documents suggest Russia is in the Middle East to stay.
* Migration of ISIL jihadists: Out of Syria . . . and into Libya January 2016 saw an acceleration of the movement of Daesh (asad-Dawlah al-Islamiyah fi al-Iraq wash-Sham) - so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) - fighters out of Syria and into Libya.
* End Times Weather Alert: Major Volcanic Eruptions in Russia And The Philippines Two of the world's most deadly volcano's erupted within minutes of each other today, Mount Egon in Kupang, Eastern Indonesia, and Zhupanovsky on Russia's eastern coast.
* Hawking: Humans at risk of lethal 'own goal' Humanity is at risk from a series of dangers of our own making, according to Prof Stephen Hawking.
* Palestinian workers banned from West Bank settlements The Israeli military is temporarily banning Palestinian workers from Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank, following two stabbings in two days.
* Rouhani schedules European victory lap Iranian president will visit Europe next week, for first time since EU lifted sanctions against his country.
* Israel eyes world coalition to force social media platforms to block incitement Gilad Erdan to develop legislation that would force Facebook, YouTube, Twitter et al. to take responsibility for content; says Europe 'very interested in idea'.
* Russia Unveils Plan to Protect Earth With Nukes Russian scientists have unveiled a strategy to defeat potentially earth threatening asteroids, by launching nuclear missiles.
* US, Israeli experts disagree whether all options 'available' if Iran cheats Former Israeli National Security head Ya'akov Amidror disputes whether US is serious on its commitment to confront Iran if necessary.