* 'More than 50% chance of attack on Iran' The chance that Israel will launch a military strike against Iran before next July is over 50 percent.
* In Mideast, Ramadan fast begins in sweltering heat Over a billion Muslims around the world began observing the holy month of Ramadan on Wednesday.
* Fears of al–Qaida return in Iraq as US–backed fighters defect Al-Qaida is attempting to make a comeback in Iraq by enticing scores of former Sunni allies to rejoin the terrorist group by paying them.
* Observing Ramadan? There's an app for that The most ancient traditions of Islam are going high-tech, with a slew of modern offerings for those observing the holy month of Ramadan, which begins this week.
* Saudi Arabia to test 'world's largest clock' Saudi Arabia will test what it is being billed as the world's largest clock in the holy city of Mecca during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
* Jews Sound Off against Iran's New Holocaust Denial Website Jews have come out swinging against a new Iranian Holocaust denial website.
* Russia 'deploys missiles' in breakaway region of Abkhazia The Georgian government - which refuses to acknowledge Abkhazia's independence - says it is "concerned" by the move.
* EU envoy to US flaunts new powers The EU's new ambassador to the US, Joao Vale de Almeida, has underlined the new powers conferred on EU envoys by the Lisbon Treaty.
* Lebanon rejects US concerns over military help Lebanon's defense minister says he would reject any American military assistance to the Lebanese army.
* Israel Prisons to Try 'Dazer Lasers' to Zap Terrorists The Israel Prison Service is are buying a new "Dazer Laser" system aimed at controlling disturbances with non-violent weapons.