* Israel celebrates Jerusalem Day, though corona puts damper on festivities Jerusalem is marking the annual celebration of the unification of Israel’s capital city Thursday with the annual parade being replaced by a human chain around the famous Old City – with social distancing observed.
* Israel’s 35th government is sworn into office Binyamin Netanyahu Sunday, May 17, took the oath as prime minister of his 5th government and future alternative PM, while his partner Benny Gantz was sworn in in the reverse order, ready to take over the premiership on Nov. 17, 2021. Gantz also officiates as defense minister.
* Israel: Ashkenazi takes over Foreign Ministry, says Trump peace plan 'historic opportunity' Gabi Ashkenazhi, former Chief of Staff and a member of the Blue and White alliance, took over Israel's Foreign Ministry Monday as the country's new government settled in.
* Iran's Khamenei: Israel will not survive Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Israel will not survive and will "be eliminated" on Twitter Friday morning.
* Netanyahu to Khamenei: 'Those who threaten Israel face destruction' The war of words between Jerusalem and Tehran ratcheted up another several notches Wednesday as Israel responded to Iran's threats of annihilation with its own message of destruction.
* 20 years after IDF’s withdrawal from Lebanon, Israel and Hezbollah brace for war In recent weeks, tens of thousands of Israeli troops took part in a military drill to prepare for possible conflict with Iran-backed Lebanese terror group.
* P.L.O. Seeks Vatican Assistance in Dealing with Israel over West Bank The secretary general of the Palestine Liberation Organization (P.L.O.) contacted the Vatican Wednesday to “inform” of their concerns over possible Israeli annexation of parts of the West Bank.
* Israeli Experts Warn: America Leaving Middle East Could Pave Path for China Takeover Although Israel and Europe are coming out of the COVID-19 crisis (at least for now), the US is still deeply submerged in it, with 1.52 million confirmed cases, tens of thousands of new cases per day, 90,000 deaths and economic chaos.
* Germany Takes Back its Sovereignty from the European Union Germany's Constitutional Court has issued an unprecedented ruling that directly challenges the authority of both the European Central Bank and the European Court of Justice.
* Dr. Zelenko promises: Use of hydroxychloroquine with Zinc 'will end coronavirus plague' In interview with Arutz Sheva, Dr. Zelenko says treatment with hydroxychloroquine and Zinc within first 5 days reduces death rates by 85%.
* Watch: The liberation of Jerusalem On this day in the Hebrew calendar, we celebrate the liberation of Jerusalem in the 1967 Six Day War.