* 'Chances of war with Syria still high' The IDF continued to maintain a high level of alert along the northern border on Sunday as senior defense officials told The Jerusalem Post that while close to three weeks have passed since Israel's alleged air strike in Syria, there is still a chance war could break out.
* 'IAF strike ruined chances for peace' The September 6 air strike on a Syrian nuclear facility has destroyed any chances for peace between Syria and Israel, senior Syrian officials said Monday.
* Archeologists find 2nd Temple quarry An ancient quarry where King Herod's workers chiseled huge high-quality limestones for the construction of the Second Temple, including the Western Wall, has been uncovered in Jerusalem, the Israel Antiquities Authority announced Sunday.
* A restless Sarkozy vows to lead Europe into a new era President Nicolas Sarkozy of France strode into the Napoleon III salon of the Elysee Palace and staked his claim to the leadership of Europe.
* Secret US air force team to perfect plan for Iran strike The United States Air Force has set up a highly confidential strategic planning group tasked with "fighting the next war" as tensions rise with Iran.
* Nationalist Camp MKs to Shas, Yisrael Beiteinu: Quit the Gov't! MKs Tzvi Hendel and Yitzchak Levy, both of the National Union party, call upon the Shas and Yisrael Beiteinu (Israel Our Home) parties to quit the government.
* 'Rabbis told Jews to shun Evangelicals' Israeli rabbinic authorities have abruptly called on Jews to shun a major Christian tourism event, baffling and upsetting evangelical groups that traditionally have been big supporters of the Jewish state.
* Quartet announces new peace summit The Quartet of Middle East negotiators has pledged support for another Middle East peace conference, with the US indicating Syria would be one of the "natural invitees".
* Iranian madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad walks among us Hatemonger Mahmoud Ahmadinejad landed in a hornet's nest of outrage yesterday as Columbia University prepared to welcome him with open arms today and stuck by a dean's outrageous assertion that it would let Adolf Hitler speak, too.
* Abu Mazen: Olmert Agreed to Make Jerusalem Arab Capital The chairman of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen), met with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice last week - and told her that Prime Minister Olmert agrees, finally, to turn eastern Jerusalem into the capital of a future state of Palestine.