* Syrian Army Seals Damascus, Prepares 'Martyrs' The Syrian army is blocking off entrances to Damascus in advance of anticipated airstrikes by Western armies.
* Selective 'obscenity': US checkered record on chemical weapons The US charge against Syria is being driven by Damascus' alleged use of chemical weapons against civilians.
* UK and US ready to strike Syria without UN say-so Russia and China on Wednesday (28 August) in New York said No to a military strike on Syria, but the US and the UK are saying they do not need UN permission.
* Iran General: 'Syria Will Leave Israel in Flames' Iran's army chief of staff, General Hassan Firouzabadi, echoed the remarks of Iranian officials.
* Amid Syria tensions, Russia sends more warships to Mediterranean Russia will send two ships to the east Mediterranean to strengthen its naval presence.
* Muslim Brotherhood out, old order returns to shape Egypt's future Workers in blue overalls scramble over scaffolding around Rabaa al-Adawiya mosque, whitewashing its charred walls.
* Thousands Gather for Biblical Prayer at Tabernacle Site Three thousand women and girls made the journey Wednesday to the town of Shilo.
* Golan Druze prefer Israel to Syria In the shadow of the raging Syrian civil war, the 20,000 Druze who live in the Golan Heights are finally admitting publicly that they prefer life under Israeli sovereignty.
* Rival Palestinian factions Hamas, Fatah unite against Western attack on Syria The Palestinians are opposed to any military intervention in the Syrian conflict.
* Intelligence on weapons no 'slam dunk' The intelligence linking Syrian President Bashar Assad or his inner circle to an alleged chemical weapons attack is no "slam dunk."