* Assad: If Golan talks fail, we'll turn to resistance Syrian president says if "occupied Syrian Golan" is not returned by Israel through peaceful means, "this automatically means resistance is the alternative solution"
* US top brass: Nuclear Iran is existential threat to Israel The chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Michael Mullen, said that a nuclear Iran would pose an existential threat to Israel.
* A peek into Temple Mount excavations Western Wall Heritage Foundation holds tour of tunnels in attempt to ward off Muslim claims that al-Aqsa Mosque is in danger of collapsing.
* Hizbullah getting ready for new war Fearing Israel will launch an assault on Hizbullah ahead of a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, the Lebanese guerrilla group is getting ready for war.
* Iran warns Russia over S-300 system delay A senior Iranian lawmaker warned Russia that its delay in delivering an anti-aircraft missile defense system to Teheran could harm relations between the two countries.
* Iraq MPs approve election reform The Iraqi parliament has approved a crucial election law ahead of national polls due in January 2010.
* World Media Ignores Weapons Shipment to Hizbullah Though the Foreign Ministry invited ambassadors from around the world to see the tremendous cache of arms intercepted on their way to Hizbullah last week, the world media did not take interest.
* Abbas claims Israel doesn't want peace Israel does not want peace, does not want to stop settlement construction and does not want the two-state solution, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said.
* Berlin remembers fall of the Wall Celebrations to mark the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall are under way.
* Jordan's king: Region heading towards abyss In interview to al-Hayat newspaper, King Abdullah warns, "If we miss this opportunity and peace is not achieved in a year or two, I believe our generation will not see peace"