* Saudis: We did not agree to help Israel strike in Iran Saudi Arabia denied Wednesday morning a report in the British paper Sunday Express saying that Riyadh had agreed to allow Israeli Air Force jets to use its airspace in the event of an attack on the Iranian nuclear facilities.
* Deadly tsunami strikes in Pacific A tsunami triggered by a strong quake in the South Pacific has killed more than 100 people in several islands.
* US sees Iran talks as start of process The United States is looking for Iran to disclose details of its nuclear program, provide access to facilities and personnel and otherwise take concrete steps to show it is serious about complying with international demands.
* Chinese official: China, U.S. rift could deepen over struggle for Mideast influence China and the United States risk deepening rifts over influence and oil in the Middle East.
* Assad skillfully plays East against West In the decades following the Cold War, of which 1973's Yom Kippur War was a seminal moment, the Arab Middle East has coalesced into two opposing camps: the "radical" and the "pragmatic."
* Time to get tough on China, says EU parliament delegation chair The European Union must toughen its stance when negotiating with China on investment access.
* Iranian Nuclear Negotiator Heads to Talks with 'Good Will' Iran's chief nuclear negotiator says he is heading into this week's international talks on his country's nuclear program with "good will."
* 4,000 U.S. troops expected to leave Iraq in October The United States will withdraw another 4,000 troops in Iraq by the end of October, the U.S. military commander in Iraq said in prepared testimony for a congressional hearing Wednesday.
* Big quake strikes off Indonesia An earthquake of magnitude 7.9 has struck off the Indonesian island of Sumatra, destroying homes and bridges and starting fires.
* Christian Zionist 'Feast' to Draw Tens of Thousands to Jerusalem An annual Christian event during the week-long Sukkot holiday, which starts Friday night, is being promoted heavily as an international gathering bringing fervent supporters of Israel to Jerusalem.