* Egypt's Sisi to quit post in a few days to run for president Egypt's military chief, Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, plans to resign from his post in the coming days.
* Syria: Al Qaeda Training Western Citizens for Terror Abroad Al-Qaeda has been using the influx of foreign nationals to Syria to train potential terrorists to begin cells abroad.
* Russia's Sergei Lavrov: Ukraine getting 'out of control' Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has warned that protests in Ukraine are "getting out of control".
* I Am Overwhelmed by 55 Million Babies Killed Since Roe v. Wade What can I say that hasn't already been said about today?
* Syria accused of torture and 11,000 executions The investigators examined thousands of still images of dead prisoners, many reportedly smuggled out by a defector.
* Islamic law takes hold in northern Syria: Singing, smoking and pictures banned A group linked to al-Qaida, emboldened by its recent victory over rival rebels in Syria, has imposed sweeping restrictions on personal freedoms.
* Turkey PM Erdogan gives new push to EU membership bid EU politicians have voiced concern about the state of Turkey's democracy.
* Iraq executes 26 men on 'terrorism' charges Iraq has executed 26 people convicted of "terrorism" offences, according to officials.
* In first, Iranian warships en route to Atlantic Iran's navy has dispatched warships on a mission to the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in history.
* Economist removes 'anti-Semitic cartoon' after criticism The Economist removed a controversial cartoon which observers blasted as anti-Semitic.