* Israel warns of unilateral steps if PA seeks UN statehood Israel will pursue its own unilateral steps if the Palestinians do not return to the negotiating table.
* Why Israel silent on U.S.-Saudi new arms deal? U.S. plans to sell highly- advanced weaponry to Saudi Arabia might trigger Israeli objections in the past.
* Iraqi leaders not following US advice on gov't American influence has so dwindled in Iraq over the last several months that Iraqi lawmakers and political leaders say they no longer follow Washington's advice.
* US to announce major military aid package for Pakistan The US is set to announce a significant package of military and security aid to Pakistan.
* "Islam Does Not Like Christians" Jewish Italian MP Fiamma Nirenstein was reconfirmed this week as Vice President of Italy's Foreign Affairs Committee.
* Chechen Terrorists, Despite a Schism, Come Back Ferociously Right after three suicide commandos raided the parliament of Chechnya on Tuesday, the president of the republic, Ramzan Kadyrov, arrived to survey the building's courtyard.
* Moon's water is useful resource, says Nasa There are oases of water-rich soil that could sustain astronauts on the Moon.
* Chavez hopes one day to visit 'liberated Golan' Assad claims Israel "does not have desire to give anything for sake of peace".
* Scripture Through Jewish, Christian and Muslim Eyes A joint research project headed by Rabbi Mordechai Cohen of Yeshiva University and Professor Meir Bar-Asher at Jerusalem’s Hebrew University has launched a comparative study of early Biblical scholarship.
* Anti-Israel Conference in Montreal An anti-Israel BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) Conference will be held at the University of Quebec in Montreal this coming weekend.