* In Pictures: Israel Kicks Off Independence Day Celebrations Following a national day of grief in which the country paid its tributes to the men and women who fell while defending the land, Israel has kicked off celebrations marking its 69th Independence Day.
* As Unesco Rejects Israel's Sovereignty In J'lm, What Future Does The Capital Face? A country whose capital city is unrecognized by most of the world is not fully independent.
* Bible Contest Focuses On Centrality Of Jerusalem To The Jewish People Picking up on the quiz theme of Jerusalem, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took the opportunity to castigate UNESCO for approving a resolution disavowing Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem.
* As Israel Marks Independence Day, Hamas Issues New And Threatening Charter The terror group ruling in the Gaza Strip released its new policy paper on Monday night in a move Israeli officials have perceived as a deceitful publicity stunt.
* Unesco Disavows Israeli Sovereignty In Jerusalem In 22-10 Vote Netanyahu claims victory as number of opponents drops; Palestinians say international law upheld.
* Isis Grip On Egypt's Northern Sinai Widens, Seeks To Impose Islamist Rule The Islamic State's widening geographical reach and shift in focus present a challenge for President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.
* Abbas, Jordanian King Coordinate Stance Ahead Of Trump Meeting Palestinian Authority president, King Abdullah affirm support for 'serious' talks between Israel, Palestinians based on pre-1967 borders.
* Syria war: Many dead in IS attack on displaced people's camp More than 30 civilians and Kurdish-led fighters have been killed in an attack by Islamic State (IS) militants near Syria's north-eastern border with Iraq.
* Russia can cause tsunami near US with ocean-buried nuclear bombs Former Russian military officer claims nuclear bombs buried in ocean near America can be detonated causing tsunamis on eastern seaboard.
* Israeli Arabs march to mark 'catastrophe' of Israel's independence Event goes ahead after police reverse ban, reach compromise; thousands wave Palestinian flags, hold photos of prisoners.