* Iran launches mass air drill The Iranian Air Force embarked on a massive 10-day exercise on Tuesday.
* IDF general: Likelihood of regional war growing Recent revolutions in the Arab world and the deteriorating ties with Turkey are raising the likelihood of a regional war in the Middle East.
* Libya weapons deals raise questions about Gaddafi aftermath Al Qaeda acquired weapons from Gaddafi's forces, Chinese arms dealers negotiated with the dictator's envoys, and France ignored an arms embargo in supplying the rebels.
* Jihadists plot to take over Libya Jihadists among the Libyan rebels revealed plans last week on the Internet to subvert the post-Moammar Gadhafi government and create an Islamist state.
* US Spied on Israel Embassy in Washington The United States spied on Israel's Washington Embassy and pressed charges against an FBI employee who leaked details from information thus acquired.
* Somalia famine: UN warns of 750,000 deaths As many as 750,000 people could die as Somalia's drought worsens in the coming months, the UN has warned, declaring a famine in a new area.
* West Races to Secure Qaddafi Munitions Western leaders are racing to secure fugitive strognman Muammar Qaddafi's stockpiles of weapons - which have been abandoned for the taking.
* 'Seven Wonders of Israel' Competition in September While the State of Israel is promoting the Dead Sea to win the international New7Wonders of Nature competition this fall, the Ministry of Tourism has been working on a parallel project on the local level as well.
* US Imam: Muslims Needs Decades to Clean Up Image It will take generations before Muslims can clean their negative image of being radicals.
* Iran punctuates end of Ramdan with new attack on Kurds, inside Iraq Iran has reported another military incursion into Iraq.