* Syria, Iran issue first explicit warning to Israel if US attacks "We have strategic weapons and we're capable of responding," says official in Damscus; Russia: West has no proof of chemical attack.
* Skirting the ground: How the West will attack Syria US, British top brass prepare for possible attack in Syria, British Daily Mail outs target bank, including Assad's air force, key regime facilities.
* UN inspectors reach Syria gas victims despite sniper fire Syrian state TV says "terrorists" responsible for shooting; inspectors take samples from victims of alleged chemical attack.
* US denies reports of canceled Israeli-Palestinian peace talks after West Bank clashes State Department: Parties are engaged in serious, sustained talks.
* Report: Syrian Intervention Could Begin 'Within a Week' British, American navies poised for attack - but how realistic is western intervention in Syria?
* New Oil Field Could Yield Rich Returns for Israel A newly discovered field off Israel's coast may contain significant deposits of light crude oil - the kind used for gasoline.
* Turkey would join coalition against Syria, says FM Davutoglu says Ankara will join any international coalition even if wider consensus isn't reached at UN's Security Council; Hague reiterates sentiment.
* Israel's interest: That Assad not be victorious On the eve of what seems to be imminent US action in Syria, two local experts have similar conclusions about Jerusalem's preferred scenario.
* Jerusalem Arabs Continue to Riot Arabs continued to riot Monday afternoon after three rioters were shot and killed Monday in the Kalandiya refugee camp.
* Families of Syrian brass 'fleeing' ahead of feared US strike Exit of regime chiefs' relatives under way via Latakia Airport, Israeli TV reports; US said likely to warn Israel before attack on Assad.