* Gilad: We won't let Iran go nuclear Israel will not tolerate a nuclear Iran, Maj.-Gen. (res.) Amos Gilad, the head of the Defense Ministry's Diplomatic-Security Bureau, has stressed.
* Eurozone officially in recession The eurozone has officially slipped into recession after EU figures showed that the economy shrank by 0.2% in the third quarter.
* EU calls on Israel to reopen border crossings to Gaza The European Union called on Israel Friday to reopen its border crossings with the Gaza Strip.
* G20 urged to reject protectionism Prime Minister Gordon Brown has urged leaders of the G20 developed and emerging economies to resist calls for protectionism.
* Five rockets slam into Ashkelon area Following the morning's Kassam rocket strikes on Sderot and the Sha'ar Hanegev region, the Ashkelon area also came under attack on Friday afternoon.
* Sarkozy puts pressure on Russia France's President Nicolas Sarkozy says he is concerned about Russia's threat to deploy missiles near Poland and wants a summit on European security.
* Looking for Freshwater Solutions in Israel With the Sea of Galilee, one of Israel's main freshwater resources, at its lowest level in four years, it is no secret that Israel is reeling from an ongoing drought.
* Russian MPs back presidency move Russian MPs have backed a bill to extend the presidential term from four to six years amid speculation it may herald Vladimir Putin's early return.
* 'Israel abused interfaith conference' The Islamic Republic has said that Israel tried to abuse a UN interfaith conference in order to achieve its political ambitions.* Iraq's al-Sadr renews threats to attack US Shiite leader Muqtada al-Sadr on Friday renewed threats to resume attacks on U.S. forces.