* BIDEN: God Isn't For Me Or Anyone Else [WATCH] Former Vice President Joe Biden, held a parking lot rally for Democrats Jon Ossoff and Rev. Raphael Warnock in Atlanta on Tuesday afternoon.
Friday, December 18, 2020
* US Election 2020: Most American Jews Don’t Care About Israel President Trump is exceptionally unpopular among secular American Jews, despite his groundbreaking approach to Middle East peace and active efforts on Israel’s behalf.
* Biden and Iran: Back to the old nuclear deal or negotiate a new one? With Joe Biden on board, all parties to the nuclear deal want to bring it back to life. Iran wants to stick with the old agreement but the west may ask for more.
* After peace abroad, Israel needs peace at home - opinion Does our government invest even a fraction of what it invests in peace with Arab states in the reconciliation that is needed between Israelis and the different sectors that make up this country?
* Could a pre-Christmas celestial union mark the return of the Star of Bethlehem? Timing of upcoming planetary conjunction prompts speculation of ties to biblical tale; but it’s likely the story was intended to convey theological rather than astronomical truths.
* China & Russia listed as main rivals in new US maritime strategy aimed at shaping ‘balance of power for the rest of the century’ The US Navy will adopt a more ‘assertive’ approach to China and Russia, according to the country’s new maritime strategy, which says that actions taken in the next decade will determine power dynamics for the rest of the century.
* Egypt, Jordan work to thaw Israeli-Palestinian negotiations Officials from Egypt, Jordan and Palestine are meeting in intense efforts to end the stalemate over the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.
* Hungary: "Europe's Borders Must be Protected" "Hungary will only be a Hungarian country as long as its borders remain intact. Therefore, not only our thousand-year-old statehood but also the future of our children obliges us to protect our borders." — Judit Varga, Hungarian Justice Minister, December 17, 2020.
* China’s economic impact in the Arab world has soared since the Arab Spring but jobs haven’t On this day, 10 years ago, a fruit and vegetable vendor in Tunisia stood in front of a municipal building shortly after local authorities confiscated his license to operate, doused himself in gasoline, and lit himself on fire.
* Morocco and Israel: Why Now? Morocco and Israel have had cooperative relations for years. Israelis of Moroccan descent have traveled back to see where their families lived, and the small Jewish communities of Rabat and Casablanca were generally respected and left alone.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:57 AM